HC Deb 02 May 1963 vol 676 c1304
29. Mr. G. Roberts

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs whether expenditure incurred by local authorities in Wales who print documents in the Welsh language ranks for grant to the same extent as when they are printed in English.

Sir K. Joseph

There is no specific grant for the printing of documents in either language but the expenditure ranks for rate-deficiency grant.

Mr. Roberts

Is there a list of approved items for this purpose in both languages? Will the Minister consider issuing a comprehensive statement on the matter and distributing it among all Welsh authorities, as there is uncertainty as to the position?

Sir K. Joseph

That would involve a number of my right hon. Friends, but I will certainly consider the hon. Member's suggestion.

Forward to