HC Deb 27 February 1963 vol 672 c1380
[Queen's Recommendation signified]
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 84 (Money Committees).
[Sir WILLIAM ANSTRUTHER-GRAY in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of this Session to amend the law relating to children and young persons, it is expedient to authorize—
- (a) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (i) any expenses incurred by the Secretary of State in conducting or assisting other persons in conducting research into any matter connected with his functions or the functions of local authorities under the Children and Young Persons Acts, 1933 to 1956, the Children and Young Persons (Scotland) Acts, 1937 and 1956, the Children Act, 1948, the Children Act, 1958 or the said Act of this Session, or any matter connected with the adoption of children; and
- (ii) any administrative expenses incurred by the Secretary of State under the said Act of this Session;
- (b) any increase attributable to the said Act of this Session in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament by way of Rate-deficiency Grant or Exchequer Equalisation Grant under the enactments relating to local government in England and Wales or in Scotland; and
- (c) any increase in the sums payable out of moneys so provided under the said enactments in respect of general grants which may arise—
- (i) from the inclusion, in the expenditure relevant to the fixing of the aggregate amounts of those grants, of expenditure under the said Act of this Session; and
- (ii) from any provision of that Act authorising the variation of any general grant order made before the commencement of that Act for a grant period ending after the commencement of that Act so as to take account of additional expenditure incurred or likely to be incurred by local authorities in consequence of the passing of that Act.—[Mr. Brooke.]
Resolution to be reported.
Report to be received Tomorrow.