§ Resolution reported,
§ That, for the purpose of any Act of the present Session to make provision for and in connection with the maintenance of minimum price levels for imports affecting the market for agricultural or horticultural produce of descriptions produced in the United Kingdom, to make further provision for assisting by the payment of grants the production and marketing of horticultural produce, and to impose requirements as to the grading, packing and transporting of horticultural produce (hereinafter referred to as "the Act"), it is expedient to authorise—
§ A. The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (a) expenses of the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food under provisions of the Act relating to minimum price levels for imports of any description, being expenses incurred by him on account of allowances or reliefs with respect to such minimum price levels or with respect to levies on imports imposed in connection therewith;
- (b) expenses of the said Minister or the Secretary of State attributable to provisions of the Act extending the system of grants under Part I of the Horticulture Act 1960 by—
- (i) enabling grants to be made for increasing the efficiency of a business comprising the growing of produce in the United Kingdom, or for clearing orchards, or
- (ii) enabling grants to be made, in relation to a business comprising the storage, preparation for market, or marketing of produce grown in the United Kingdom, for expanding, or increasing the efficiency of, the business, or for its initial operation, or for the provision of facilities for conducting a market in the course of the business, or
- (iii) increasing the aggregate amount of the grants that may be made under the said Part I and enlarging the period within which they may be made,
- being expenses which, so far as they consist of grants under the Act or any increase in grants under the said Part 1, do not, when taken with grants made apart from the Act under the said Part I, exceed twenty-seven million pounds in all;
§ B. The payment into the Exchequer of sums recovered by the said Minister or the Secretary of State in respect of grants made under the Act.
§ Resolution agreed to.