§ Resolution reported,
§ That, for the purposes of any Act of this Session to set up a new body to assist housing societies to provide housing accommodation and to amend in other respects the law relating to housing, it is expedient to authorise payments out of the Consolidated Fund and out of money provided by Parliament, payments into the Exchequer and the borrowing of money, under the following heads.
§ A. (1) The issue out of the Consolidated Fund of such sums as may be required—
- (a) for the purpose of making advances not exceeding one hundred million pounds to the body set up under the new Act;
- (b) for the purpose of making advances under, and subject to the limits in, section 18(1) of the Scottish Act of 1962 to the Scottish Special Housing Association to assist them to act as agents of the said body,
§ (2) The payment out of money provided by Parliament of remuneration and other sums payable to, or in respect of the services of, members of the said body.
§ B. The payment out of money provided by Parliament of sums becoming so payable in consequence of amending existing enactments as follows—
- 1. Amendments of the law relating to improvement grants or standard grants which increase expenses incurred by local authorities in making those grants and correspondingly increase Exchequer contributions to those expenses under section 36 of the Act of 19:58 or section 116 of the Scottish Act of 1950.
- 2. Amendments of, or affecting, sections 13 and 14 of the Act of 1959 (contributions to local authorities in respect of standard amenities provided by them).
- 3. The substitution for the annual sums payable by way of contributions or payments under sections 105 and 121 of the Scottish Act of 1950 and section 14 of the Scottish Act of 1962 of annual sums equal to three-eighths of the loan charges referable to this expenditure likely to be incurred by—
- (a) local authorities in connection with approved improvement proposals;
- (b) housing associations and development corporations in connection with arrangements with local authorities for the provision of dwellings by means of the conversion of houses or other buildings or for the improvement of dwellings;
- (c) housing associations in connection with arrangements with the Secretary of
915 State for the provision of housing accommodation by the conversion or improvement of existing houses or by the conversion of other buildings.
- 4. The application to the Commission for the New Towns and development corporations of section 9 of the Act of 1958, section 13 of the Act of 1959 and section 105 of the Act of 1950 (Exchequer contributions to local authorities in respect of the provision or improvement of dwellings by those local authorities).
- 5. Amendments of sections 12, 13 and 14 of the Clean Air Act 1956 (adaptations of fire-places in private dwellings).
- 6. The increase by £5 of the annual payments of £3 and £7 5s. payable to local authorities under section 13(2)(b) of the Act of 1958 and section 4(2)(b) of the Housing (Repairs and Rents) (Scotland) Act 1954 (Exchequer contributions for local authorities buying or holding unfit houses for temporary accommodation).
- 7. An amendment of the provisions of Part I of the Scottish Act of 1962 relating to the payment of Exchequer subsidies in respect of new houses provided by the Scottish Special Housing Association, being an amendment providing for the payment, under and in accordance with the provisions of the said Part I, of an annual Exchequer subsidy in respect of each new house provided by the said Association in accordance with approved proposals, being a house provided in the district of any local authority in accordance with arrangements made with the approval of the Secretary of State as being desirable by reason of special circumstances for the provision of housing accommodation in any area for persons coming to that area in order to meet the urgent needs of industry.
- 8. An amendment of section 10 of the Scottish Act of 1957enabling a local authority to include in a town development scheme under that section proposals for the carrying out of development in conjunction with any housing accommodation already provided in their district in pursuance of arrangements such as are mentioned in section 8(1) of that Act and thus increasing expenditure incurred by local authorities in connection with such schemes and correspondingly increasing Exchequer contributions to such expenditure under section 14 of the said Act.
§ C. The issue out of the Consolidated Fund of such sums as may be required for the purpose of making advances under, and subject to the limits in, section 18(1) of the Scottish Act of 1962 to the Scottish Special Housing Association to assist them to acquire land compulsorily—
- (a) for the provision of new houses, or of housing accommodation by the said Association,
- (b) at the request of the body set up under the new Act, for selling it or leasing it to a housing society,
§ D. The payment out of money provided by Parliament—
§ (a) of periodical sums in respect of houses in the construction of which aluminium alloy was used, being houses—
- (i) provided by a local authority or by a development corporation, and
- (ii) completed in any of the years 1947 to 1952.
§ (b) of expenses incurred in and in connection with the demolition of any such houses,
§ (c) of sums in respect of the repair of houses in the construction of which aluminium alloy was used, being houses falling within paragraphs (a)(1) and (a)(ii) above, not exceeding £200 for any one house.
§ E. The payment out of money provided by Parliament—
- (a) of any increase attributable to the new Act in the sums payable by way of Rate-Deficiency Grant or Exchequer Equalisation Grant under the enactments relating to local government in England and Wales or in Scotland;
- (b) of any increase attributable to the new Act in the sums payable out of money provided by Parliament in consequence of the extension of Section 175 of the Act of 1957 or Section 170 of the Scottish Act of 1950 regarding Ministers' default powers;
- (c) of any administrative expenses incurred by any Minister under the new Act.
§ F. The payment into the Exchequer of any sums falling to be so paid in consequence of any of the provisions of the new Act.
In this Resolution—
the Scottish Act of 1950" means the Housing (Scotland) Act 1950;
the Act of 1957" means the Housing Act 1957;
the Scottish Act of 1957"means the Housing and Town Development (Scotland) Act 1957;
the Act of 1958" means the Housing (Financial Provisions) Act 1958;
the Act of 1959" means the House Purchase and Housing Act 1959;
the Scottish Act of 1962" means the Housing (Scotland) Act 1962.—[Mr. Green.]
§ Resolution agreed to.