§ Motion made, and Question,
§ That it is expedient to authorise such charges to income tax as arise from provisions connected with the removal from the charge to tax of the occupier's beneficial interest in land in the United Kingdom and other provisions relating to land, and in particular from—
- (a) the restriction of claims under section 101 of the Income Tax Act 1952 (maintenance claims);
- (b) provision in respect of the payment of premiums and of other transactions relevant to the amount of rent, or which can be carried out as an alternative to the charging of premiums or the letting of land, and for extending in relation to transactions in land the provisions of Chapter IV of Part XVIII of the said Act of 1952;
- (c) provision for the collection of outstanding tax under Schedule A;
- (d) provision as to woodlands;
- (e) the disallowance of deductions in respect of the annual value of land occupied for the purposes of a trade, profession or vocation, and amendments as to what amounts are to be treated as consideration for the grant of a tenancy, and what as rent, in computing the profits or gains of a trade of dealing in land.—[Mr. Maudling.]
§ put and agreed to.