HC Deb 02 May 1962 vol 658 c1153
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend with regard to certain matters, and empower Her Majesty in Council to amend with regard to others, the law concerning the administration of justice in Northern Ireland, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) the payment, out of moneys provided by Parliament, of—
- (i) remuneration and allowances to a person who sits and acts as a judge of Her Majesty's Court of Appeal or High Court of Justice in Northern Ireland for an absent judge or in the place of one whose place has become vacant or sits and acts as an additional judge of either of those Courts;
- (ii) remuneration and allowances to a person (other than a judge of either of those Courts) who sits and acts as a judge of the Court of Criminal Appeal in Northern Ireland;
- (iii) remuneration to a person appointed to act as secretary to the committee constituted by the said Act of the present Session for the purpose of making rules for the Supreme Court of Judicature of Northern Ireland;
- (iv) any expenses incurred by the said committee; and
- (v) any increase attributable to any provisions of the said Act of the present Session in the sums payable by way of pensions and other benefits under the Superannuation Acts, 1834 to 1960, compensation under the Government of Ireland Act, 1920, to existing Irish officers, or terminable annuities under section eight of the Pensions Commutation Act, 1871;
- (b) the payment, out of the Consolidated Fund, of any increase attributable to any provision of the said Act of the present Session in the sums payable thereout under section eleven of the said Act of 1871.
Resolution agreed to.