HC Deb 31 July 1962 vol 664 c399
25. Mr. Delargy

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs if he will introduce legislation to control the level of noise on all building sites.

Mr. Corfield

Any noise or vibration Which is a nuisance can be dealt with by local authorities as a statutory nuisance under Section 1 of the Noise Abatement Act, 1960. Whether further legislation is necessary to deal with noise on building sites must be considered in the light of any recommendations made by the Committee on the Problem of Noise, which I understand is examining this question among others.

Mr. Delargy

Since this question has been selected for debate on the Summer Adjournment, I will merely ask the Minister one supplementary question: will he turn up on Friday and have better answers than that?

Forward to