HC Deb 09 April 1962 vol 657 cc942-3
23. Mr. J. Silverman

asked the Minister of Pensions and National Insurance whether he will introduce early legislation to ensure that any employed person who is not provided with insurance cover by the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act, 1946, only by virtue of the fact that he is temporarily employed abroad, on the high seas or on an aircraft shall be able to obtain a rebate of that part of his National Insurance contributions that relates to industrial injuries insurance.

Mr. Boyd-Carpenter

No, Sir. We already do better than that. People not covered for industrial injuries because of employment outside the United Kingdom are not required to pay industrial injuries contributions at all.

Mr. Silverman

When a person is temporarily employed outside the United Kingdom, is he informed that he is entitled to this rebate?

Mr. Boyd-Carpenter

There is another Question on the Order Paper relating to information in respect of people abroad which I will, if I may, answer when we come to it.