HC Deb 13 November 1961 vol 649 c151
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to improve and extend the allowances payable out of the Industrial Injuries Fund in respect of injury or disease arising out of pre-1948 employment: to amend the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Acts, 1946 to 1960, and the National Insurance Acts, 1946 to 1960, in certain respects: to make further provision as to sums wrongly paid by way of benefit under those Acts or by way of family allowance: to alter the meaning in those Acts and the Family Allowances Acts, 1945 to 1959, of the word "child": to provide for certain expenses of the Minister of Pensions and National Insurance: and for purposes connected therewith, it is expedient—
- (a) to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any increase in the moneys so payable under the Family Allowances Act, 1945, whether on account of allowances or of the expenses of that Minister, being an increase attributable to any extension of the meaning of the word "child" in that Act to include persons up to the age of sixteen who are incapacitated for regular employment; and
- (b) to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament, subject to the provision made by section sixty of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act, 1946, for reimbursement out of the Industrial Injuries Fund, or by section thirty-eight of the National Insurance Act, 1946, for reimbursement out of the National Insurance Fund,—
- (i) of any increase attributable to the new Act in the expenses of that Minister which are so payable by virtue of either of those sections as amended or applied by any subsequent enactment; and
- (ii) of any increase attributable to the new Act in the sums to be paid by that Minister under subsection (2) of section nineteen of the Post Office Act, 1961, in respect of work done by the Postmaster-General in the execution of the Acts there mentioned, as if those sums were expenses of that Minister in carrying those Acts respectively into effect; and
- (iii) of any expenses incurred by that Minister or any other Government Department (except the Postmaster-General) in connection with statistical inquiries relating to the operation of the National Insurance Act, 1946, as from time to time amended, as if those expenses were incurred in carrying that Act into effect; and
- (c) to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any expenses incurred by that Minister for the purpose of furnishing addresses in connection with proceedings for maintenance or affiliation orders or other legal proceedings.
Resolution agreed to.