HC Deb 22 November 1960 vol 630 cc1096-7
That, for the purposes of any Act of this Session relating to the drainage of land, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) the making out of moneys provided by Parliament of advances and grants in respect of expenditure incurred in, or with a view to carrying out, work towards which, if the work will be or would have been properly carried out, grants will or would have been payable under section fifty-five of the Land Drainage Act, 1930, or section fifteen of the Agriculture Act, 1937;
- (b) any increase in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament under the said section fifty-five which is attributable to any provisions of the said Act of this Session extending the powers of drainage boards to carry out drainage works;
- (c) any increase in the sums so payable under section fifteen of the Agriculture Act, 1937, or section fifteen of the Agriculture (Miscellaneous War Provisions) Act, 1940, which is attributable to any provision of
the said Act of this Session extending the class of drainage schemes in respect of which grants may be made under those sections respectively;
- (d) any increase attributable to the said Act of this Session in the sums payable under paragraph 23 of the Ninth Schedule to the Agriculture Act, 1947, and
- (e) any increase attributable to the said Act of this Session in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament by way of Rate-deficiency Grant or Exchequer Equalisation Grant under the enactments relating to local government in England and Wales or in Scotland.
Resolution agreed to.