HC Deb 08 March 1960 vol 619 cc226-7
24. Mr. Hoy

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland, if he is now able to announce his decision regarding the future of Moray House School.

Mr. N. Macpherson

No, Sir, my right hon. Friend's consultations are not yet complete.

Mr. Hoy

Is the hon. Gentleman aware that any further delay will be most unsatisfactory for the parents of the children at present attending the school? Cannot he expedite a decision?

Mr. Macpherson

Yes, Sir; my right hon. Friend will do his best to expedite it, but he is arranging for a deputation of parents to be seen on Thursday and is also asking for a report from the governors on the accommodation available, and he would like to consider both these matters before he reaches a decision.