HC Deb 23 November 1959 vol 614 c160
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make provision for assisting the production and marketing of horticultural produce, it is expedient to authorise—
- A. The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of grants in respect of expenditure incurred—
up to a limit of eight million two hundred and fifty thousand pounds in all and of contributions not exceeding two hundred and fifty thousand pounds to a Council established by the Act, and of the administrative expenses of any Minister under the Act.
- (a) in providing buildings, plant, equipment and other facilities for the purposes of a business of growing produce in the United Kingdom;
- (b) in providing such facilities for the purposes of a business comprising the storage, preparation for market or marketing of produce grown in the United Kingdom where the business is carried on by a co-operative association and the produce is grown by its members or the business is carried on by the Land Settlement Association and the produce is grown by the occupiers of land under the Association's management;
- (c) in furthering the setting up and carrying on of businesses falling within the fore going sub-paragraph;
- B. The payment into the Exchequer of the receipts of any Minister under the said Act of the present Session.
Resolution agreed to.