HC Deb 25 March 1959 vol 602 c1359
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision with respect to the development and welfare of colonies and other territories, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any increase in sums payable out of such moneys under the Colonial Development and Welfare Acts, 1940 to 1955, being an increase attributable to provisions of the said Act of the present Session—
- (i) modifying or removing the limit on the duration of any scheme made under section one of the Colonial Development and Welfare Act, 1940,
- (ii) increasing the limit on the aggregate amount of payments for the purposes of schemes so made from two hundred and twenty million pounds to three hundred and fifteen million pounds,
- (iii) removing the annual limit on the amount of payments for the purposes of schemes so made, or
- (iv) authorising the making of schemes with respect to bodies established for the joint benefit of a territory for which schemes may be made under section one of the said Act of 1940 and a territory which has ceased to be one for which such schemes may be made:
- (b) the issue out of the Consolidated Fund of sums required for making loans under the said Act of the present Session up to one hundred million pounds in all, and the raising of money under the National Loans Act, 1939, for the purpose of providing sums to be so issued or for the replacement of sums so issued;
- (c) the payment into the Exchequer of sums received by way of interest on, or in repayment of, loans made by virtue of the said Act of the present Session, and the issue of those sums out of the Consolidated Fund for the purpose of applying so much thereof as represents principal in redemption or repayment of debt and so much thereof as represents interest towards meeting such part of the annual charges for the national debt as represents interest.
Resolution agreed to.