HC Deb 19 May 1958 vol 588 c889
46. Mr. Dance

asked the Paymaster-General if he is yet in a position to make a statement about the outcome of the inquiry into the proposal to site a nuclear power station in the Snowdon National Park.

Sir I. Horobin

Not yet. Before reaching his decision my noble Friend feels that he needs further information about the steps taken by the Central Electricity Generating Board to consider alternative sites in the North Wales area. He has, therefore, asked the Board to submit a memorandum on this subject for his consideration and to send a copy of it to the bodies who appeared at the inquiry in case they may wish to comment.