HC Deb 04 December 1958 vol 596 c1495
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 84 (Money Committees).—[Queen's Recommendation signified.]
[Sir GORDON TOUCHE in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the law with respect to the determination of questions requiring decision for the purposes of the Family Allowances Act, 1945, or the National Insurance Acts, 1946, and for connected purposes, it is expedient to authorise any increase in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament or out of the Consolidated Fund in respect of payments under—
being an increase attributable to provisions of the Act of the present Session which either—
- (a) section forty-four or forty-five of the National Insurance Act, 1946; or
- (b) section fifty-three or fifty-four of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuiries) Act, 1946, or
- (c) Part I of the Administration of Justice (Pensions) Act, 1950;
- (i) relate to the manner of determining questions requiring decision for the purposes of the Family Allowances Act, 1945, or similar questions requiring decision for the purposes of the National Insurance Acts, 1946, and matters connected therewith; or
- (ii) make further provision for questions requiring decision for the purposes of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act, 1946, to be brought on an appeal or reference before the Industrial Injuries Commissioner or a person or tribunal exercising his jurisdiction.—[Mr. Boyd-Carpenter.]
Resolution to be reported.
Report to be received Tomorrow.