HC Deb 24 July 1957 vol 574 cc408-9
33. Mr. Russell

asked the Secretary of State for Air what steps are taken to salvage food containers and other tins and cans, and also waste paper, from stations, camps, and depôts under his Department.

Mr. Ward

Tins and cans are sold with heavier types of metal scrap. Waste paper is either sold locally or disposed of through the local authority.