§ 13. Mr. Willey
asked the Minister of Health whether he has now constituted his Advisory Committee on the Health and Welfare of the Handicapped; whom he has appointed; and whether they act in a representative capacity.
§ Mr. Vaughan-Morgan
Yes, Sir. The hon. Member for Lowestoft (Mr. Edward Evans) has kindly agreed to serve as Chairman, and I am circulating a list of membership in the OFFICIAL REPORT. The members act in a personal capacity.
§ Mr. Willey
Is the hon. Gentleman aware that the statement will be of great encouragement to all those concerned in the welfare of handicapped persons, and that we are all delighted at the appointment of my hon. Friend the Member for Lowestoft (Mr. Edward Evans) as Chairman?
§ Following are the members:
- Edward Evans. Esq., C.B.E., M.P. (Chairman).
- N. D. Bosworth-Smith, Esq., C.B.
- T. M. Cuthbert, Esq., M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P., D.P.M.
- Alderman Mrs. O. G. Deer.
- Miss S. T. Hart, M.A., A.M.I.A
- Miss G. MacCaul, T.M.A.O.T.
- Alderman E. E. Mile, J.P.
- Sir Cecil Oakes. C.B.E.
- Alderman Miss May O'Conor, C.B.E.
- Professor Sir Harry Platt, M.D., M.S., P.R.C.S.
- R. G. Richards. Esq., O.B.E., F.C.I.S.
- Godfrey Robinson, Esq., C.B.E., M.C.
- Alderman R. G. Robinson, J.P.
- The Lady Sempill.
- Professor A. B. Semple, M.D., D.P.H.
- T. H. Smith. Esq., M.B.E.
- Miss B. H. F. Townsend, S.R.N., S.C.M., H.V.Cert.
- Alderman Lieut.-Cmdr. J. H. Turner, R.N.
- J. A. L. Vaughan Jones, Esq., M.B., Ch.B., J.P.
- H. Willard, Esq.