HC Deb 18 December 1956 vol 562 cc1219-20
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to provide for the dissolution of the Central Electricity Authority and the establishment of a Central Electricity Generating Board and an Electricity Council, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) the payment out of the Consolidated Fund of such sums as may be required to fulfil any guarantee by the Treasury of the principal of and interest on stock issued by the said Authority or the said Council, or the principal of and interest on moneys temporarly borrowed by the said Authority or the said Council, or by the said Board, or by any of the Area Boards established under the Electricity Act, 1947, so however that the aggregate of the amounts outstanding in respect of—
- (i) the principal of any stock issued by the said Authority, otherwise than for the purpose of paying compensation under the said Act of 1947, and
- (ii) the principal of any Exchequer advances made to the said Authority under section forty-two of the Finance Act. 1956, and
- (iii) the principal of any stock issued by the said Council, and
- (iv) any moneys temporarily borrowed as aforesaid,
(b) the payment into the Exchequer of sums repaid to the Treasury under the said Act of the present Session;
(c) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of fees and allowances to any referee or board of referees in connection with appeals as to compensation under the
said Act of the present Session, and of allowances to witnesses appearing before any referee or board in connection therewith;
(d) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any administrative expenses incurred under the said Act of the present Session by any Minister of the Crown or Government Department.
- does not at any time exceed the sum of fourteen hundred million pounds, excluding amounts outstanding in respect of stock issued or moneys temporarily borrowed for the purpose of redeeming stock or repaying Exchequer advances or repaying moneys temporarily borrowed;
Resolution agreed to.