HC Deb 04 May 1955 vol 540 cc1681-2
39. Major Wall

asked the Under-Secretary of State for Air whether the Air Ministry inquiry into the existence of "flying saucers" has been completed; and whether he proposes to publish a report.

The Under-Secretary of State for Air (Mr. George Ward)

Reports of "flying saucers," as well as any other abnormal objects in the sky, are investigated as they come in, but there has been no formal inquiry. About 90 per cent. of the reports have been found to relate to meteors, balloons, flares, and many other objects. The fact that the other 10 per cent. are unexplained need be attributed to nothing more sinister than lack of data.

Major Wall

I thank my hon. Friend for that reply, which I am sure will be of interest to a great many members of the general public.

Back to
Forward to