HC Deb 07 July 1955 vol 543 c1314
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision with respect to the Civil Contingencies Fund and to authorise the making of loans for the purpose of implementing potato price schemes and an increase in the loans which may be made to the Government of Northern Ireland it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) any increase in the sums to be issued out of the Consolidated Fund or in the moneys to be raised under the National Loans Act. 1939, which is attributable—
- (i) to the repeal of so much of the proviso to subsection (1) of section three of the Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1946, as directs that sums issued under that section to increase the Civil Contingencies Fund shall be repaid by a specified date, or
- (ii) to the increase up to thirty million pounds of the limit in subsection (1) of section two of the Miscellaneous Financial Provisions Act, 1950, on the sums which may be lent to the Government of Northern Ireland under that section.
- (b) the issue out of the Consolidated Fund of sums to be advanced to the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food to enable him to make loans to any body charged with duties under any scheme for guaranteeing prices or assuring markets to potato growers, subject to a limit of thirty million pounds on the principal amount outstanding in respect of the advances, and the raising of money under the National Loans Act, 1939, to provide or replace sums so issued.
- (c) the payment of any sums into the Exchequer and, in the case of sums which represent the repayment of principal or the payment of interest, the issue of those sums out of the Consolidated Fund for application in redeeming or paying off debt or meeting part of the annual charges for the National Debt respectively.
Resolution agreed to.