HC Deb 10 November 1954 vol 532 c1250
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision with respect to the destruction or control of rabbits and other animals and birds, it is expedient—
Resolution agreed to.
- (a) to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of expenses of the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries or of the Secretary of State—
- (i) in exercising default powers conferred on those Ministers by the Act;
- (ii) in providing services, equipment, appliances or other material for the purpose of assisting in measures for the destruction or control of rabbits;
- (iii) in making contributions towards expenses incurred or to be incurred by any person in taking any such measures or other measures for killing, taking or destroying animals or birds to which section ninety-eight of the Agriculture Act, 1947, or section thirty-nine of the Agriculture (Scotland) Act, 1948, applies;
and of any administrative expenses incurred for the purposes of the Act of the present Session by either of those Ministers;
- (b) to authorise the payment into the Exchequer of sums recovered by or on behalf of either of those Ministers on account of expenses incurred in the exercise of any such default powers, or by way of charges made for providing services, equipment, appliances and other materials as aforesaid.