§ (1) This section applies to waste other than—
- (a) waste which is—
- (i) stopped off in a prescribed manner or in such other manner as may be approved by an inspector; or
- (ii) stowed up; or
- (b) waste, other than as aforesaid, with respect to which it is known that there is therein—
- (i) no inflammable gas; and
- (ii) either no noxious gas or no noxious gas in a dangerous concentration.
§ (2) It shall be the duty of the manager of every mine which contains any waste to which this section applies to secure either—
- (a) that there is constanly produced in that waste ventilation adequate for the purposes mentioned in subsection (1) of section fifty of this Act; or
- (b) that appropriate steps are taken for the purpose of minimising dangerous emissions from that waste of inflammable or noxious gas.
§ (3) Subsection (2) of the said section fifty shall, with any requisite modifications, apply for the purposes of paragraph (a) of the last foregoing subsection as it applies for the purposes of subsection (1) of that section.—[Mr. Geoffrey Lloyd.]
§ Brought up, and read the First time.
§ Mr. Geoffrey Lloyd
I beg to move, "That the Clause be read a Second time."
This Clause also gives effect to an undertaking which I gave in Committee—an undertaking that we should take power to deal not only with inflammable gases, but also with noxious gases.
§ Question put, and agreed to.
§ Clause read a Second time, and added to the Bill.