That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session, it is expedient to authorise any such payments out of moneys provided by Parliament as are mentioned in the table set out below, and the payment into the Exchequer of any sums received by or on be half of the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries in consequence of any such amendments as are referred to in item 3 of that table.
§ The table above referred to
- 1. The sums needed as the result of making permanent the power to make grants under section fifteen of the Agriculture (Miscellaneous War Provisions) Act, 1940, as amended, in respect of field drainage and other matters.
- 2. The sums needed as the result of extending to the end of July nineteen hundred and fifty-nine the power to make contributions under section one of the Agriculture Act, 1937, as amended, towards the cost of liming agricultural land, and of enabling that power to be further extended by order for five-year periods.
- 3. The sums needed as the result of any amendment extending (by reference to the limit of rental value) the meaning of "smallholding" in Part IV of the Agriculture Act, 1947, or as the result of any amendment altering, in relation to a smallholdings authority's interest or sinking fund charges, the method of calculating the maximum contribution under section fifty-eight of that Act to wards any loss incurred by the authority.
- 4. The expenses incurred by the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries or the Secretary of State in administering any provision for preventing the spread of pests or diseases by bees imported into Great Britain.
- 5. The expenses incurred by the Secretary of State as the result of extending the Corn Returns Act, 1882, to Scotland, with the substitution of references to the Secretary of State for references to the Board of Trade and the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- 6. The increase in grants under Part I of the Local Government Act, 1948, attributable to any provision for the collection and processing by local authorities of kitchen and other waste for use as animal feeding stuffs.
- 7. The increase in grants under Parts I and II of the Local Government Act, 1948, attributable to any provision adapting the Diseases of Animals Act, 1950, to air transport.
§ Resolution agreed to.