HC Deb 15 December 1953 vol 522 c194
42. Mr. Hay

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government what information as to individual admitted claims for loss of development value under the Town and Country Planning Act, 1947, is being supplied to local authorities by the Central Land Board.

Mr. H. Macmillan

The Valuation Office, as the agents of the Central Land Board, have been authorised to tell local authorities the amount of any admitted claims relating to land which they have bought or are proposing to buy. Information about admitted claims is also supplied to local authorities who are faced with applications for permission to develop land and wish to estimate the cost of a refusal.

Mr. Hay

Is my right hon. Friend satisfied that it is proper that this information should be given? Was not a pledge given by one of his predecessors that particulars of claims for loss of development value should be kept secret, and will he look into the matter again?

Mr. Macmillan

It is only right that they should be informed in order to know what claim they may have to meet.