HC Deb 20 November 1951 vol 494 c229
The Prime Minister

With the permission of the House, I will make a statement for the guidance of the House on certain matters concerning Parliamentary Questions.

Questions about the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research and the scientific research councils, for which the Lord President of the Council is responsible, should be put down to the Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Works, as representing the Lord President, and will be placed after Questions to the Minister of Works on Tuesdays.

Questions on the more important matters of policy, which are the concern of the Secretary of State for the Coordination of Transport, Fuel and Power, the Paymaster-General, or the Lord President, except the Questions that I have just mentioned relating to his scientific responsibilities, and which cannot be dealt with by a Departmental Minister, should be put down to me.

Questions relating to the Ministry of Materials for which the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster is responsible should be put down to the Secretary for Overseas Trade, as representing the Chancellor of the Duchy, and will be placed after Questions to the President of the Board of Trade on Thursdays.

I have arranged that Questions addressed to me as Minister of Defence should be placed after other Questions addressed to me on Wednesdays.