HC Deb 13 June 1950 vol 476 c27
52. Mr. John Grimston

asked the Prime Minister what arrangements are being made to assist temporary civil servants, displaced by the economy drive, to find alternative employment.

Mr. Isaacs

I have been asked to reply. Temporary civil servants who become redundant are informed that if they require further employment they should register with the Ministry of Labour and National Service. The Ministry assists those who register to find other suitable work.

Mr. Grimston

Will the Minister be as generous as possible to these people, because the more generous he is now, the more easy it will be to make further economies?

Mr. Isaacs

If generosity means giving them the opportunity of employment, they will get the absolute maximum of generosity from us.

Forward to