HC Deb 09 March 1949 vol 462 cc1256-7
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 84.—[King's Recommendation signified.]
[Mr. BOWLES in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the law relating to the superannuation and other benefits payable to and in respect of certain persons and to authorise the payment of allowances and gratuities to and in respect of other persons who are injured or contract diseases while employed for the purposes of His Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom, it is expedient to authorise—
- (a) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (i) any pension, allowance, gratuity or return of contributions, with or without interest, which is payable under or by virtue of any of the provisions of that Act; and
- (ii) any increase attributable to any of the provisions of that Act in the sums which, under any other Act, are payable out of moneys so provided; and
- (iii) any administrative expenses incurred by any Government department attributable to the passing of this Act.
so, however, that no greater amount shall be paid in any case under the Pensions (Increase) Acts, 1920 and 1924, or the Pensions (Increase) Acts, 1944 and 1947, than would have fallen to be paid in that case if the said Act of the present Session had not passed; and
- (b) the payment into the Exchequer of any contributions payable under the said Act of the present Session."—[Mr. Glenvil Hall.]
Resolution to be reported Tomorrow; Committee to sit again Tomorrow.