HC Deb 03 March 1949 vol 462 cc673-4
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to re-enact with modifications the Rats and Mice (Destruction) Act, 1919, to make permanent provision for preventing loss of food by infestation and for purposes connected therewith, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
and the payment into the Exchequer of any receipts of the Minister under the said Act of the present Session.
- (a) any sums required by the Minister (that is to say, the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries or the Secretary of State) for making to local authorities, subject to such conditions as the Minister may with the consent of the Treasury determine, grants equal to one half of the expediture incurred by those authorities under Part I of the said Act, so far as not recovered thereunder;
- (b) any expenses incurred under the said Act by the Minister—
- (i) in respect of the exercise on behalf of a local authority of any functions of that authority under Part I of the said Act;
- (ii) in respect of steps taken for securing compliance with any directions given by the Minister under Part II of the said Act;
- (iii) in repaying to local authorities to whom functions of the Minister under the said Part II are delegated any expenses incurred by them in the performance of those functions;
- (iv) in the payment of compensation in respect of damage to land occasioned in the exercise of any power of entry under the said Act;
- (c) any increase in the Exchequer Equalisation Grant payable under Part I or Part II of the Local Government Act, 1948, attributable to any expenditure of a local authority under the said Act of the present Session;
- (d) any increase attributable to the said Act of the present Session in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament under the Agriculture Act, 1947;
- (e) any administration expenses of the Minister under the said Act of the present Session; and
- (f) any expenses of the Minister in carrying out research in matters connected with the functions of the Minister and of local authorities under the said Act of the present Sessions;
Resolution agreed to.