§ 10. Mr. Edward Evans
asked the Minister of Health whether deaf persons recommended for testing for the Medresco aural aid will be reimbursed travelling expenses when the nearest testing unit is at some distance from their homes.
§ 11. Mr. Edward Evans
asked the Minister of Health if he will publish the additional list of hospitals at which the Medresco aural aids will be available.
§ Following is the list:
§ HEARING AID DISTRIBUTION CENTRES
§ The following centres are now in operation:
- Sunderland Royal Infirmary.
- Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle.
- Bradford Royal Ear and Eye Hospital.
- Royal Sheffield Hospital.
- Nottingham General Hospital.
- Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
- Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, London.
- King's College Hospital.
- Metropolitan Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital, London.
- Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford.
- Northampton General Hospital.
- Prince of Wales Hospital, Plymouth.
- Bristol Royal Infirmary.
- Birmingham and Midland Ear and Throat Hospital,
- North Staffs. Royal Infirmary, Stoke-on-Trent.
- Manchester Hospital for Consumption and Diseases of the Throat and Chest.
- Queen Victoria Royal Infirmary, Preston.
- Liverpool Eye, Ear and Throat Infirmary.
§ The following additional centres will be opening in the next few weeks:
- Hull Royal Infirmary.
- Addenbrookes, Cambridge.
- London Hospital.
- Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury.
- Royal South Hants. Hospital, Southampton.
- Cardiff Royal Infirmary.
- War Memorial Hospital, Wrexham.
§ There are also a much larger number of hospitals where patients may be examined by otologists before obtaining an aid from one of the above distribution centres.