HC Deb 07 May 1948 vol 450 cc1692-3
Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 69.—(King's Recommendation signified.)
[Mr. HUBERT BEAUMONT in the Chair]
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision for the care or welfare of boys and girls when they are without parents or living away from their parents, and for other purposes, it is expedient to authorise the following payments out of moneys provided by Parliament:
- A. Payments to local authorities of not more than fifty per cent. of their expenditure in the discharge of their functions under the enactments hereinafter specified, together with their appropriate share of receipts under the provisions of any of the said enactments as to contributions towards expenses and as to affiliation orders and decrees for aliment.
- B. Grants in respect of the fees and expenses of persons undergoing training in connection with their employment or future employment either for the purposes of any of the said enactments or by voluntary organisations for similar purposes, in respect of the cost of maintenance of persons undergoing such training, and in respect of the cost of providing such training.
- C. Grants in respect of voluntary homes.
- D. Payments in respect of the travelling, subsistence and other expenses of members of advisory councils and committees thereof.
- E. Payments in respect of the expenses of appeal tribunals and the fees and allowances of members of appeal tribunals.
- F. The payment of any increase in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament—
- (i)under the Children and Young Persons Act, 1933, or the Children and Young Persons (Scotland) Act, 1937, being an increase attributable to provisions of the said Act of the present Session relating to inspectors;
- (ii)under the Family Allowances Act, 1945, being an increase attributable to provisions of the said Act of the present Session as to the inclusion in a family of certain children.
- G. Payment of the administrative expenses of the Secretary of State.
The enactments hereinbefore referred to are the said Act of the present Session, Parts III and IV of the Children and Young Persons Act, 1933, the provisions relating to child life protection of Part VII of the Public Health Act, 1936, and the provisions of Part XIII of the Public Health (London) Act, 1936, Parts I, IV and V of the Children and Young Persons (Scotland), Act, 1937, and the Adoption of Children (Regulation) Act, 1939."—[Mr. Ede.]
Resolution to be reported upon Monday next.