HC Deb 28 April 1948 vol 450 c462
The Joint Under-Secretary of State for Scotland (Mr. Thomas Fraser)

I beg to move, in page r, line 13, after "improvements" to insert: or to refund to his landlord any compensation payable as aforesaid which has peen paid by the landlord to the outgoing tenant. Perhaps I might also discuss the two following Amendments—in page 2, line r, after "tenant" to insert: "or to refund to his landlord," and in page 2, line 8, at the end, to insert: "or refunded to his landlord."

These Amendments have been put down in fulfilment of a promise given to the right hon. and learned Member for Hillhead (Mr J. S. C. Reid) in Committee. We then promised that we would see whether Clause 1 could be amended to cover agreements for the reimbursement by the incoming tenant of compensation paid by the landlord to the outgoing tenant. That is the purpose of these Amendments.

Amendment agreed to.

Further Amendments made: In page 2, line r after "tenant," insert: "or to refund to his landlord."

In line 8, at end, insert: "or refunded to his landlord."—[Mr. T. Fraser.]