HC Deb 31 July 1946 vol 426 cc921-3
Standing Order 3, page 91, line 29, leave out "and the," and insert "If they have so certified, the Chairman of Ways and Means shall report the fact to this House."
Leave out Standing Order 22, and insert new Standing Order 22: —
22.—(1) Notices under Standing Orders 13 to 21 shall be given—
- (a) by delivering the notice personally to the party entitled thereto or by leaving it at his usual place of abode or (in his absence from the United Kingdom) by delivering it personally to his agent, or (where that party is a local authority, or a company, society, or association howsoever constituted) by delivering the notice personally to the clerk or secretary thereof; or
- (b) by forwarding the notice by post in a registered letter, addressed with a sufficient direction to—
- (i) the principal office of the party (being a local authority, company, society or association); or
- (ii) in any other case the usual place of abode of the party or (in his absence from the United Kingdom) of his agent,
and posted on or before the third day previously to the day required for delivery thereof personally, at such places, at such hours, and according to such regulations as the Postmaster General may from time to time have appointed for the posting and registration of such letters.
(2) Every such notice shall be accompanied by a copy of the Standing Orders which regulate the time and mode of presenting petitions in opposition to Bills."
Standing Order 31, page 111, line 17, leave out ''Board of Trade," and insert "Ministry of Transport."
Standing Order 39, page 116, line 21, leave out "at the Board of Trade, and."
Standing Order 93, page 160, line 9, leave out "or," and after "association," insert "or partnership."
Line 14, leave out "or," and after "association," insert "or partnership."
Standing Order 209, page 208, line 24, after "delivered," insert "or made."
Leave out Standing Order 212, and insert new Standing Order 212.
212.—Whenever plans, sections, books of reference, or maps are deposited with any Public Department in relation to—
- (a) any Provisional Order or certificate, or
- (b) any order or certificate which, although as made was not provisional, becomes, after the making thereof, provisional, or
- (c) any order within the meaning of the Statutory Orders (Special Procedure) Act, 1945, which is subject to special parliamentary procedure,
- being an order or certificate by which it is proposed to authorise the compulsory acquisition or user of land or the construction or alteration of works, duplicates of those documents shall also be deposited in the Committee and Private Bill Office—
- (i) in the case of any such order or certificate as is mentioned in paragraph (a) of this Order, on the same day as the deposit is made with the Public Department or, if such deposit is made after a prorogation of Parliament and before the twentieth day of November in any year, on or before the twentieth day of November;
- (ii) in the case of any such order or certificate as is mentioned in paragraph (b) of this Order, on or before the date of the introduction into either House of Parliament of a Bill for confirming the order or certificate;
- (iii) in the case of any such order as is mentioned in paragraph (c) of this Order, on the day following that on which the order is laid before either House of Parliament."
Standing Order 216, page 212, line 34, leave out "except."
Line 15, leave out from "which," to the end of the Order, and insert "has begun in a previous year."
Standing Order 235, page 222, line 14, at the beginning, insert "In the case of a substituted Bill originating in this House."
Standing Order 235, page 222, Line 20, leave out from "Bill," to the end of the Order.
Standing Order 236, page 223, line 2, after "Ministry," insert "or the Ministry of Civil Aviation."
Standing Order 236, page 223, Line 3, after "Air," add "or the Minister of Civil Aviation, as the case may be."
—(The Chairman of Ways, and Means.)