HC Deb 11 December 1946 vol 431 cc1287-8
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to authorise further increases-under and otherwise amend, the Pensions (Increase) Act, 1944, and to continue that Act in force as amended, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any increase in the expenditure which under subsection (1) of section five of the said Act of 1944 is to be defrayed out of moneys so provided, being an increase attributable to—
- (a) provisions of the said Act of the present Session, operating from such date as may be specified therein,—
- (i) raising the limits of income and pension up to which increases may be made under section one of the said Act of 1944, in the case of married pensioners and pensioners with dependants to four hundred and fifty pounds a year, and in the case of other pensioners to three hundred and fifty pounds a year;
- (ii) raising the limit of pension up to which increases may be made under section two of the said Act of 1944 to seven hundred and eighty-seven pounds ten shillings a year;
- (iii) raising the scale of increases under sections one and two of the said Act of 1944;
- (b) provisions of the said Act of the present Session continuing in force the said Act of 1944 after the date on which it would otherwise expire, but subject to special provision in the case of pensions determined by reference to the average emoluments of service part of which was served before such date as may be specified in the said Act of the present Session."
Resolution agreed to.