69. Mr. Rostron Duckworth
asked the Minister of Works what information of value to his housing programme has been produced by his research department; what publications are available containing this information; and whether he is satisfied with the degree of publicity they have received.
§ Mr. Sandys
I am circulating in the OFFICIAL REPORT particulars of the 2027 technical publications issued by the Ministry of Works. I am considering ways of securing a wider circulation for this information. The size of circulation of these publications has varied considerably.
§ Following are the particulars:
§ Technical Publications issued by the Ministry of Works.
- Housing Equipment (Birmingham).
- Housing Manual.
- Housing Manual. Technical Appendices.
- Demonstration Houses.
- Use of Standards in Building.
- Method of Building in U.S.A.
- Post-war Building Studies;
- 1. House Construction.
- 2. Standard Construction for Schools.
- 3. Plastics.
- 4. Plumbing.
- 5. The painting of Buildings.
- 6. Gas Installations.
- 7. Steel Structures.
- 8. Reinforced Concrete Structures.
- 9. Mechanical Installations.
- 10. Solid Fuel Installations.
- 11. Electrical Installations.
- 12. The Lighting of Buildings.
- 13. Non-Ferrous Metals.
- 14. Sound Insulation and Acoustics.
- 15. Walls, Floors and Roofs.
- 16. Business Buildings.
- 17. Farm Buildings.
- 18. The Architectural Use of Building Materials.
- 19. Heating and Ventilation.
- 20. Fire Grading of Buildings.
- 21. School Buildings for Scotland.
- 22. Farm Buildings for Scotland.