HC Deb 12 April 1945 vol 409 c1972
42. Mr. McEntee

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if permits to visit foreign countries, now under Allied control, can be issued to British citizens who desire to visit them for business purposes; and will permits be granted also to Members of Parliament.

Mr. H. Morrison

Exit permits for travel to France and Belgium, outside Army areas, can be granted to business men and others whose journeys are sponsored by the appropriate Government Department. As regards the facilities for travel provided for hon. Members, I would refer to the statement made on my behalf on 23rd January and suggest that my hon. Friend should apply to Mr. Speaker's Office if he desires to travel to France.