HC Deb 11 April 1945 vol 409 cc1841-2
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to authorise the acquisition of certain land used or dealt with for war purposes and to make other provision as to such land, to remove doubts as to the powers of certain Ministers to acquire land under the Defence Act, 1842; to amend certain of the enactments relating to compensation in respect of land, and for purposes connected with the matters aforesaid, it is expedient to authorise the payment or repayment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
and the payment into the Exchequer of any sum paid under the said Act of the present Session to any Minister.
- (a) of the remuneration and allowances of the members, officers and servants of any Commission set up under the said Act of the present Session and any expenses incurred by any such Commission with the approval of the Treasury;
- (b) of, or of contributions in respect of,—
- (i) the cost of doing any work required to be done by any order made under the said Act of the present Session authorising the stopping up or diversion of a highway;
- (ii) any increased expenditure to be incurred which is ascribable to the doing of any such work or to the provision or improvement, before the making of the order, of any highway as a substitute for any highway stopped up under any such order; or
- (iii) any compensation paid by the highway authority in respect of restrictions imposed under Section one or Section two of the Restriction of Ribbon Development Act, 1935, as respects any highway stopped up or diverted under any such order;
- (c) of any expenses incurred under or by virtue of the said Act of the present Session by any Minister (except so far as they are payable out of the Road Fund under any other Act);
- (d) of any compensation payable under or by virtue of the said Act of the present Session by any Minister;
- (e) of any increase attributable to the said Act of the present Session in any compensation payable by the Crown under any other Act; and
- (f) of any such increase in the sums payable into the Road Fund out of moneys provided by Parliament as is attributable to the passing of the said Act of the present Session;
Resolution agreed to.