HC Deb 09 March 1944 vol 397 cc2181-2
61. Mr. R. C. Morrison

asked the Minister of Health whether in areas which have recently suffered bomb damage, he will give power to local authorities to put homeless families into houses for which tenants are paying rent but not occupying.

Mr. Willink

Local authorities already have this power and it has been exercised in areas which have recently suffered bomb damage.

Mr. Morrison

Would the Minister look into the case of a London County Council housing estate which has recently received very heavy bomb damage, and where there are at least 40 houses which have not been occupied by anybody for three years, though the tenants are still paying rent?

Mr. Willink

I will certainly look into any case which the hon. Member sends me.

Forward to