HC Deb 20 July 1944 vol 402 cc331-2
32. Mr. Driberg

asked the Minister of Health the procedure under which elderly people and others resident in evacuable areas, being within the categories now allowed access to protected areas, may obtain permission to enter such areas by private arrangement for the purpose of staying with relatives or otherwise.

37. Mr. G. Strauss

asked the Minister of Health what steps need be taken by mothers with children of school age, infirm, aged, invalid and blind persons who desire to go to banned areas other than those recently exempted, under private arrangement schemes.

The Minister of Health (Mr. Willink)

Persons within the categories which are given general permission to enter the protected areas are not required to obtain special permits for that purpose, but, if challenged, have to satisfy the Police in those areas that they come within the permitted classes. Persons of the priority classes under the Government Evacuation Scheme who require financial assistance in the form of free vouchers and billeting allowances should apply to the Local Authority in the evacuable area for vouchers and billeting certificates.

Forward to