§ Considered in Committee, under Standing Order 69.
§ [Mr. McLEAN WATSON in the Chair]
That for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to extend the making of contributions under Section one of the Housing Financial Provisions (Scotland) Act, 1938, as respects new housing accommodation provided by local authorities before the first day of October nineteen hundred and forty-seven and to provide for grants and advances to the housing association approved for the purposes of Section two of the aforesaid Act, it is expedient:-
- (a)to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of (i) any Increase in the sums payable out of such
304 moneys under Section three of the said Act of 1938 which is attributable to the provisions of the said Act of the present Session removing as respects new housing accommodation provided as aforesaid, the limitation of contributions under the said Section one to certain classes of housing accommodation and (ii) the sums required for payment of grants to the said association in accordance with the said Act of the present Session;
- (b) to authorise the Treasury to issue to the Secretary of State out of the Consolidated Fund such sums as are necessary to enable the Secretary of State to make advances to the said association in accordance with the said Act;
- (c) to authorise the Treasury, for the purpose of providing the sums to be issued under the last preceding paragraph, to raise money in any manner in which they are authorised to raise money under the National Loans Act, 1939;
- (d)to authorise the payment into the Exchequer of any sums received by the Secretary of State from the said association by way of interest or repayment;
- (e)to authorise the Treasury to issue out of the Consolidated Fund sums received under the last preceding paragraph, and to apply such sums in redemption or repayment of debt or, so far as they represent interest in payment of interest, otherwise payable out of the permanent annual charge for the National Debt."—(King's recommendation signified.)—[Mr. T. Johnston.]
§ Resolution to be reported To-morrow.