§ 55. Mr. Stokes
asked the Minister of Supply whether there have been any changes recently in the membership of the Tank Board; and whether he will state the names of the persons on that Board at the present time.
§ The Joint Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Supply (Mr. Sandys)
Yes, Sir. The Chairman of the Ministry of Supply tank mission to America and the Director-General of Armoured Fighting Vehicle Production have ceased to be members of the Tank Board, the former on the completion of the work of the mission and the latter as a result of the amalgamation of his post with that of the Director-General of Armoured Fighting Vehicle Development. I will circulate 180 in Hansard a statement showing the present composition of the Tank Board.
§ Following is the statement:
§ The Tank Board is composed of the holders of the undermentioned appointments in the Ministry of Supply and the War Office. The present holders of these posts are shown in brackets.
§ Chairman of the Board.
- Chairman of the Armoured Fighting Vehicle Division, Ministry of Supply.
- (Commander E. R. Micklem, C.B.E., R.N.).
§ War Office Members.
- Deputy Chief of the Imperial General Staff.(Lieutenant-General Sir Ronald Weeks, K.C.B., C.B.E., D.S.O., M.G., T.D.).
- Assistant Chief of the Imperial General Staff (W).
- (Major-General J. F. Evetts, C.B., C.B.E., M.C.).
- Director, Royal Armoured Corps.
- (Major-General R. Briggs, C.B., D.S.O.).
- Director of Mechanical Engineering.
- (Major-General E. B. Rowcrott, C.B., C.B.E., M.I.Mech.E., M.I.E.E.).
§ Ministry of Supply Members.
- Controller-General of Munitions Production.
- (Sir Graham Cunningham).
- Director-General of Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
- (Mr. C. D. Gibb, C.B.E.).
- U.S.A. Liaison.
- (Colonel G. A. Green).