HC Deb 08 February 1944 vol 396 c1646
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to reform the law relating to education in England and Wales, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any expenditure incurred—
- (a) in paying to any secretaries, officers or servants appointed by any Minister appointed under the said Act such remuneration as the Minister may with the consent of the Treasury determine;
- (b) in paying grants to local education authorities in respect of expenditure incurred by such authorities in the exercise of their functions relating to education;
- (c) in paying grants to persons other than local education authorities in respect of expenditure incurred or to be incurred for the purposes of educational services provided by them or on their behalf or under their management or for the purposes of educational research;
- (d) in providing financial assistance in respect of the carrying out of repairs and alterations to the premises of aided schools and special agreement schools, and in respect of the provision of new premises for any school which is, or is to be, an aided school or a special agreement school;
- (e) in paying, for the purpose of enabling pupils to take advantage without hardship to themselves or their parents of any educational facilities available to them, the whole or any part of the fees and expenses payable in respect of children attending schools at which fees are payable, and sums by way of scholarships, exhibitions, bursaries and other allowances in respect of pupils over compulsory school age, including pupils undergoing training as teachers;
- (f) in paying to the local education authority for every area in Wales and Monmouth-shire, after the date upon which Section nine of the Welsh Intermediate Education Act, 1889, ceases to have effect, in respect of any school maintained or assisted by the authority, being a school in respect of which grants were payable under the said Section nine before that date, a special annual grant of such amount as will secure that the total sum payable on account of such grants for any financial year in respect of the schools situated within the area of any county or county borough shall not exceed the maximum sum which was payable in respect of those schools under the provisions of the said Section nine for the year ending with the thirty-first day of March, nineteen hundred and twenty-nine; and
- (g) in paying, to any persons appointed to be members of Independent Schools Tribunals, such remuneration and allowances as may, with the consent of the Treasury, be provided for by rules made under the said Act."
Resolution agreed to.