§ 6. Mr. Bellenger
asked the Minister of Labour whether he has yet set up the National Advisory Council under the Disabled Persons (Employment) Act; and if so, who are its members.
§ Mr. Bevin
Yes, Sir. I have constituted the National Advisory Council under the Disabled Persons (Employment) Act, 1944, and will, if I may, arrange for the list of the members to be circulated in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
§ Following is the list:
- The Viscount Ridley, C.B.E., Chairman.
- † Mr. W. P. Allen.
- Lieut.-Colonel The Hon. J. J. Astor, M.P.
- * Brigadier General A. C. Baylay, C.B.E., D.S.O.
- † Mr. H. L. Bullock.
- Major Sir J. B. Brunel Cohen.
- Captain G. Crawshay, J.P., D.L.
- † Mr. A. Deakin, C.B.E.
- * Mr. E. De Ath.
- Chief Commander E. L. Dixon.
- Chief Petty Officer L. A. G. Faulkner.
- Professor T. Ferguson, M.D., D.Sc., F.R.C.P.E.
- * Lieut.-Colonel H. Rivers Fletcher, O.B.E.
- Mrs. M. K. Gartside.
- Councillor A. Gilzean.
- Mr. I. J. Hayward, J.P.
- Mr. R. A. Keys.
- Dr. R. E. Lane, M.B., B.S., F.R.C.P.
- * Mr. W. A. Lee, C.B.E.
- † Dame Anne Loughlin, D.B.E.
- * Major J. C. Poole, M.C.
- Squadron Leader W. Simpson, D.F.C.
- Chief Officer G. O. Snow, O.B.E., W.R.N.S.
- Major General R. N. Stewart, O.B.E., M.C.
- Dr. A. B. Stokes, D.C.H., D.P.M.
- Lieut.-Commander G. W. Style, D.S.C., R.N.
- Mr. C. G. A. Ward, D.F.M.
- † Mr. J. Watson.
- Mr. R. Watson-Jones, F.R.C.S.
- Lieutenant The Hon. R. F. Wood.
- Secretary of the Council: Mr. R. E. Gomme, O.B.E., Ministry of Labour and National Service.
- * Appointed after consultation with organisations representing employers.
- † Appointed after consultation with organisations representing workers.