HC Deb 02 March 1943 vol 387 cc490-1
That for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the law relating to agriculture, agricultural land and the drainage of land, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of such additional Exchequer contributions and grants, and such additional expenses of the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries and the Secretary of State, as may become payable by virtue of provisions of the said Act, whether retrospective or not,—
- (a) increasing the maximum amount of Exchequer contributions under section one of the Agriculture Act, 1937, towards purchases of lime;
- (b) extending section fifteen of the Agriculture Act, 1937, to grants towards expenditure incurred by a drainage authority after the thirty-first day of July, nineteen hundred and forty-four;
- (c) extending the definition of agricultural land for the purposes of Part III and section twenty-nine of the Agriculture (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1940, and the Land Drainage (Scotland) Act, 1941;
- (d) extending the powers as to drainage schemes under section fourteen of the Agriculture (Miscellaneous War Provisions) Act, 1940, and under that section as set out in the First Schedule to the Agriculture (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1941;
- (e) empowering the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries and the Secretary of State to acquire:—
- (i) land for drainage works;
- (ii) land which was in the same ownership as land acquired under section nine of the Agriculture (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1941;
- (f) providing for the control of artificial insemination of animals."
Resolution agreed to.