HC Deb 01 October 1942 vol 383 cc922-3
60. Mr. Murray

asked the Minister of Health whether the privilege granted to members of His Majesty's Forces, whereby they may regard their home address as being their usual place of abode and residence for the purpose of giving notice of marriage, can be granted to munition workers transferred outside their own districts who are obliged to return and reside at their home address for seven days, 15 days for marriage by licence, before fulfilling conditions of residential qualification?

Mr. E. Brown

I am advised that there is no necessity for munition workers to return to an address from which they have removed in the course of their employment in order to complete the period of residence which is requisite for the giving of notice of marriage. Notice can be given in any district in which the requisite period of residence has been completed, and, in the case of a marriage by licence, by one party only. If ray hon. Friend has any particular case in mind and will send me the details I shall be glad to look into it.