36. Miss Rathbone
asked the Minister of Health whether he is in a position to make any further statement as to the appointment of an Advisory Committee on the welfare of young children?
§ Mr. E. Brown
Yes, Sir. The constitution of the Committee has now been completed, and I will circulate a list of the members in the OFFICIAL REPORT. I intend to act as Chairman of the Committee, with my hon. Friend the Parliamentary Secretary as Vice-Chairman. The function of the Committee will be to advise me on any question affecting the welfare of expectant and nursing mothers and of children under five which may be referred by me to the Committee. I con-Template that the Committee will do most of its detailed work through sub-committees appointed for the investigation of particular problems.
§ Following is the list:
§ ADVISORY COMMITTED ON THE WELFARE OF YOUNG CHILDREN—MEMBERS.
- The Rt. Hon. Ernest Brown, M.C., MP.
- Miss Florence Horsbrugh, C.B.E., M.P.
- Mrs. B. Wright, M.P.
- Mrs. A. Hardie, M.P.
- Miss F. Hawtrey.
- The Marchioness of Reading.
- Lady Galway.
- Lady Allen of Hurtwood, F.I.L.A.
- Mrs. E. V. Parker.
- Mrs. Ronald Carton.
- Mrs Rupert Scott.
- Dr. Charles M. Smith, M.D., M.B.
- Dr. Dennis H. Geffen, M.D., D.P.H.
- Dr. Ethel Cassie, M.B., Ch.B.
- Dr. Alan Moncrieff, M.D., F.R.C.P.
- Mr. Arnold Walker, M.A., M.B., F.R.C.S., F.R.C.O.G.
- Dr. William S. Macdonald, M.C., M.B.
- Dr. Letitia Fairfield, C.B.E., M.D., D.P.H.
- Dr. Annie Rowlands, M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P.
- Dr. Edith Williamson, M.B., D.P.H.
- Miss J. M. Calder, M.B.E.
- Miss B. Shenton.
- Miss K. V. Coni.
- Miss J. Pearse.
- Miss D. R. Robus, S.R.N.
- Mr. A. L. Binns, M.C.
- Miss E. Stevenson, O.B.E.
- Mrs. D. Barton, M.B.E., J.P.
- Mrs. Parry, J.P.
- Mrs. F. E. Cayford, J.P.
- Mrs. Esther Martin.
- Mrs. K. Lovibond, O.B.E., J.P.