HC Deb 19 June 1941 vol 372 cc799-800
22. Mr. R. C. Morrison

asked the Minister of Health whether he is aware of difficulties in determining rent and rates chargeable for damaged houses only partly habitable; and whether he will issue a statement for the guidance of local authorities, tenants and landlords?

Mr. E. Brown

I would refer my hon Friend to the Landlord and Tenant (War Damage) (Amendment) Bill at present before the House. If and when the Bill receives Royal Assent, I shall be prepared to issue a circular to local authorities explaining its provisions, and to take steps to ensure that it receives adequate publicity.

Lieut.-Colonel Sir Thomas Moore

Will that be done in connection with the Commissioners for Crown Lands, who own so much property and demand high rents?

Mr. Brown

The Question here is general.

Forward to