HC Deb 23 January 1941 vol 368 c307
That for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make provision with respect to war damage to immovable property and to goods, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (a) payments in respect of war damage to immovable property occurring during the period between the third day of September, nineteen hundred and thirty-nine, and the thirty-first day of August, nineteen hundred and forty-one;
- (b) any expenses incurred by the Board of Trade under the said Act in operating schemes for insuring against war damage to goods, or in making, in accordance with general directions given by the Treasury, payments in respect of war damage to goods otherwise than under the schemes;
- (c) any expenses incurred by the Commissioners of Inland Revenue under the said Act;
- (d) any expenses incurred by the Board of Trade under the said Act in paying remuneration to, or expenses incurred by, persons employed to act as agents of the Board for the purposes of any such scheme;
- (e) any such increase in the sums authorised to be paid out of such moneys or out of the Consolidated Fund by the War Risks Insurance Act, 1939, as is attributable to any amendment (whether retrospective or not) of that Act by the said Act of the present Session or by any Defence Regulation extending the scope of compulsory insurance under the War Risks Insurance Act, 1939;
- (f) any expenses incurred by the Treasury in paying remuneration or allowances to the members, officers or servants of any War Damage Commission constituted by the said Act of the present Session."
Resolution agreed to.