HC Deb 10 March 1938 vol 332 cc2082-3
12 and 13. Mr. Cape

asked the Minister of Labour (1) whether the Government or the Commissioners for Special Areas have come to any decision in regard to financial help for the reconditioning of the Maryport harbour and dock;

(2) whether he is aware that the harbour commissioners at Maryport have given their employés notice to terminate their engagements; and whether the Government intend to take any action to prevent the closing of this port?

Mr. E. Brown

The question of a grant from the Special Areas Fund is under consideration, and I expect that a decision will be reached very shortly.