§ 28. Mr. Thorne
asked the Home Secretary whether he can give any information in connection with the explosion at the Oldham Ice Company's works at Falcon Street on Saturday last; what was the cause of the explosion; and how many people were injured by the ammonia inhaled?
§ Earl Winterton
From a preliminary report which my right hon. Friend has received, it appears that the explosion originated in a brine cooler which was under repair. I have not full information as to how many persons were injured or affected, but I understand that two of the three employés on the premises were affected by the fumes, and are now in the infirmary. The matter is being fully investigated.