HC Deb 25 November 1937 vol 329 c1564
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make provision for the acquisition of the property in all unworked coal and mines of coal by a Commission with power of management thereover, for empowering the Commission to promote a reduction in the number of coal-mining undertakings, for continuing Part I of the Coal Mines Act, 1930, and for amending the provisions thereof with respect to committees of investigation, and for purposes connected with the matters aforesaid, it is expedient—
- (a) to charge on the Consolidated Fund any sums required by the Treasury for fulfilling any guarantee of the payment of the principal and interest on any loans to be raised by the said Commission under the said Act, being loans the aggregate amounts whereof (exclusive of amounts borrowed for paying off loans previously raised) is not more than sufficient to raise seventy-six million four hundred and fifty thousand pounds;
- (b) to authorise the payment into the Exchequer of—
- (i) any sums received by way of repayment of sums issued out of the Consolidated Fund for fulfilling any such guarantee as aforesaid or of interest thereon;
- (ii) any sums received by the Board of Trade from the said Commission in respect of expenses incurred by the Board under the Coal (Registration of Ownership) Act, 1937.
- (c) to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (i) any expenses incurred by the Board of Trade in defraying expenditure of the said Commission in connection with the preparation, submission, and carrying out of schemes under Part I of the Mining Industry Act, 1926;
- (ii) such additional sums as may become payable thereout by reason of the continuance in force of Part I of the Coal Mines Act, 1930, during any period after the thirty-first day of December, nineteen hundred and thirty-seven, or of any amendment of the said Part I by the said Act of the present Session."